Shipments and returns
General terms applicable to all deliveries (please see below for additional terms relating to pallet deliveries and glass hearths:
- If the goods appear to be damaged, please do not accept the delivery. Noting the couriers documents as“UNCHECKED” does not exempt you from this obligation.
- Hearths are normally dispatched to your registered address within 2 working days of receipt of your order and delivery usually takes one/two working days. Depending upon availability or unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed if this will be longer. Please contact us if you have specific delivery requirements; we are unable to specify a time for DHL/UK Mail deliveries and additional charges apply to timed pallet deliveries
- Delivery is usually by courier or made on a pallet if the order is larger/bespoke/stone/granite – Tuesday-Friday (normally between 9-5pm)
- The carriers will only deliver goods to the nearest entrance to your property and will not bring the goods them inside; this is for insurance and health and safety reasons and we are unable to arrange otherwise.
- If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, we regret that we have to make a shipping charge to return it to our warehouse, even if the products have not reached your address
- The cost of delivery to your own address is included in the price of your hearth (to most United Kingdom mainland destinations). Some destinations incur an additional out of area charge which will be confirmed upon receipt of your order. If you think this may apply to you, please give us a call for a price (we do not deliver hearths outside the UK mainland)
- Bespoke hearths require are usually dispatched within 21 working days and are non returnable or refundable
- If there is likely to be a problem with access including but not restricted to the following; large 7.5 tonne lorry, bridges, weight/height restrictions etc, please contact us in advance of placing your order. Examples of areas that we cannot deliver to are: long, gravel drives, areas inside walled cities with height restrictions from all directions, narrow lanes. We may be able to make alternative delivery arrangements if you contact us in advance
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you, or any loss of earnings for delayed, late or failed deliveries. For example: if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to re-book an installer, we are not liable for any extra charges the installer may charge you. We always recommend you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery, even if it is late or delayed
- If the carriers are unable to deliver to you, they will charge us for the failed delivery and for re-delivery or return and we shall have to hold you liable for these charges
- There may be a charge for replacements not notified within the specified time frame; if we are notified of damage/issues straight away, the courier accepts liability.
*IMPORTANT NOTES: PALLET DELIVERIES* (Including all Stone, Granite and larger glass hearths)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE AT THE ADDRESS ON THE DATE OF DELIVERY OR THAT ANYONE WHO MIGHT ACCEPT THE DELIVERY IS FULLY AWARE OF THE TERMS BELOW:-
Pallet deliveries must be checked immediately upon receipt and prior to signing the delivery manifest, whether it be a paper or handheld device. You are signing to confirm the goods have been received safely and in good order. If they are damaged in any way, the goods must NOT be signed for; in these circumstances, the courier will take them away.
Pallet deliveries can not be left unattended and re-delivery will be charged for if you are not in.
- Larger hearths include circular, large standard and large semi. Due to the size and weight of these products, they will be delivered on a pallet (please see pallet information below)
- Please note additional delivery charges will apply to some post code areas including but not limited to the following: AB, BT, DD, IM, HS, IV, KW, PA, PH, PO30-41, ZE and cannot be delivered on Next Day services.
*Glass Hearths – DHL/UK MAIL COURIER DELIVERIES*
Due to the fragile nature of these items, the hearths must be thoroughly checked and any issues reported within 24 hours however we are not liable where you have requested goods to be left unattended; this is at your own risk.
Examples of circumstances which may prevent the delivery of pallet goods (e.g stone, granite, slate and bespoke items):
- closing day(s)- opening hours – location – staircases
Cancellations and Returns
Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation or the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition. All spare parts are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
Hearths Direct reserve the right to charge a restocking fee for all goods brought into stock and subsequently cancelled by the customer. This charge will be based on our cost to return the items to the supplier.
Our Returns Policy
We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. We will repair, refund or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. If you wish to return part or all of your order please email email@example.com, ensuring you quote your order number and the date you received your goods. You must confirm that the goods are in the original packaging, unused in anyway and that we are able to inspect the goods before signing for them. Failure to do this will result in no return number or address being issued. Items returned to us must be sent by recorded delivery. All bespoke hearths are non returnable and non refundable due to being a special order unless found to be damaged.